Contact Information

I may be contacted through email at weakleykidz7@yahoo.com or by calling me at school before or after class. 785-8711 ext.123




Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Savvy

Here was something funny that I read that shows the great word choice this author uses. It is when Mibbs is trying to learn to control her Savvy and still trying to figure out what exactly it is. Here goes. Pushed back into the middof of all those chaotic, noisy voices, I tried my best to keep from becoming discombobulated, tried to figure out how to scumble those thuderous thoughts that didn't belong to me, but that was a hard thing, a thign the could take years horrible long years o this stupid savvy,--and I had no idea how to do it. I love this because I know there have been times in my life when I have had thoughts I wanted to ignore or just push out of my head. This is a great description of how I have felt when those thoughts keep returning without control. Isn't the word choice perfect to describe how ones feels when that happens. This is a fun book and I sure have enjoyed reading it.

1 comment:

Teacherheart said...

Yup! I've got to get that excerpt into my writer's notebook. ...for the very reason you mentioned! (I even use the word "discombobulate" ;-)


Blogging Rules

Make sure you read the blogging rules and post an "I accept" these rules and will follow them to the class blog.