Contact Information

I may be contacted through email at weakleykidz7@yahoo.com or by calling me at school before or after class. 785-8711 ext.123




Friday, April 3, 2009

Finished Book

Well I just finished this book and it is a great one to read to show how one can "live" history. The biggest connection for me is the one I shared in class but I will share it again because for me it was so powerful. Gustav one of the mercaries fighting the patriots has the children captive but he ends up saving the little sister from drowing and the other children are in awe that he could save someone. They realize that he is a good person. Then he is shot by the patriot soldiers and they are dumbfounded by the fact that he was a good person. The one boy is confused by this and asks Who is bad and who is good it isn't always a clear picture. Just because we are fighting someone doesn't mean they are a bad person and that is what the movies always portray that person is the enemy and an enemy has to be bad right? Well no the enemy isn't always a bad person it is often just a person that is fighting for some of the same things we are fighting for. It touched me a great deal and I think more than ever in the world today we need to show that to kids. I would so read this again in a read aloud especially in 5th grade.
Thanks for helping me "get into reading" more.

1 comment:

Teacherheart said...

I'll bet one of the most powerful experiences of your students, for the year, was seeing YOU be so touched by a book that you shared with them.


Blogging Rules

Make sure you read the blogging rules and post an "I accept" these rules and will follow them to the class blog.